If there is one thing I love, it is getting to know people better and the feeling of newness and getting to know new people and things. Soon I will be moving and having a life filled with newness but I though, in lieu of getting to know new people, I would share : Ten Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Me!
1. I love coffee. I am addicted to coffee. I probably drink a liter and a half a day. If you are my student, you already know this for sure. If you aren’t, it might be new news.. but I am also a picky coffee drinker. I love coffee. It is my vice. However, I also love GOOD coffee. I am talking about coffee made at chacáras or specialty coffee. It is my hobby, my addiction, my passion.
2. I have Test Anxiety. I am horrible at taking tests. I know the answers, I know how it works, I know everything… but give me a test and I forget EVERYTHING. I know how to parallel park and I do it pretty ok. When I took my driving test I practiced before thousands of time, even 20 minutes before my test, but I completely bombed parallel parking on my test. Why? Being nervous in taking the test. Wonderful, I know. But I still got my license;)
3. I may or may not be addicted to shoes. So I have over 30 pairs, who cares?! hahahaha #ineedtobuymore
4. I love nuts. (lol, anyhow..) I love anything with nuts in it, peanuts, roasted nuts, pé de moleque, paçoca, peanut butter. My body, however, seems to think they make me fat so I avoid eating them because I eat them un til they are gone.
5. I was a vegan for 5 years. I was a Christian, Baptist, Missionary’s daughter… Vegan. Completely misunderstood. Yes, I did feel guilty eating animals because I love animals, but I also knew and still know that it is a healthier lifestyle. As I got older I realized I didn’t have enough time to cook like I needed to and ended up gaining weight, so I quit veganism. I tried it again when I was 22, but it only lasted 9 months and I went back to eating meat. Funny story: I have actually argued with a visiting pastor from the US ( we were here in Londrina)when I was 15 about veganism because he was trying to convince me that I was wrong.The conversation went nowhere because he was using verses out of context and I told him so. Needless to say, we didn’t get along very well. Just a side note: He is a nice person, we just misunderstood each other haha
6. I am an avid book reader. Which is, surprisingly, why I don’t buy books here in Brazil. I only read in English because I think Portuguese is boring. The problem is… it only takes me 3 days while working a full schedule to read a book of about 1,000 pages. Sooooo that is an expensive form of entertainment. When I am in the States I SO will be getting good use out of a library card:D
7. I have been to Jamaica. It was with my church’s youth group for a missions trip. My dream is to go back there.
8. Speaking of dreams…. My dream is to go to Australia. And hug a koala. Actually, more like cuddle a koala. And love and care for him and try to take him home. I need a pet koala to hug me all day. Please.
9. I’m actually not that patient. Since I am a teacher everyone says, you are soooo patient, I don’t know how you handle it. With students and teaching them, yes, I consider myself patient. Take me out of a classroom scenario, no, I am not that patient. I can’t stand waiting in line or waiting for things to happen. To me, everything needs to be instant. I hate traffic. I hate long dating relationships. I hate waiting for a special day to arrive…which is also why I love countdowns!
10. I was born a redhead. AND ONLY GOD KNOWS WHY IT CHANGED TO BLONDE. Whyyyyy oh whhyyyyyyy oh whyyyyyyyyyyy?!?! May I please have my red hair back? Please? Pretty Please?
So there it is, Ten Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Me! And what about you? What is a fun fact most people probably don’t know??