So, I know it’s February and all.. but it’s still the beginning of the year so I can talk about goals, right? Right. Ok, let´s go.
1. Save up half of the moolah that my husband and I need to go to the US at the end of 2014 for Christmas. I can’t decide if I want to go during Christmas or in April. Any tips? Anyone? Ideas? Just to remind you that my husband has never, ever traveled abroad and therefore doesn’t even have a passport, much less a visa. Also, I need to renew both my passports and update my name on my social security number.
2. Lose weight. That’s basically every year’s resolution, haha
3. Read through the whole Bible ( just started Leviticus last night) Mu hubby and I are trying to read the Bible in 5 months!
4. Grow out my hair. Those of you who know me personally know that usually I prefer my hair short since it is my firm belief that hair was made to be used LOOSE and not tied up in a ponytail or braid. This has been my belief ever since I was a teenager. Most of the time I would wear it short, so I was never tempted to wear it up during the crazy hot Londrina summer.
5. Make my house my home. We are buying an apartment and probably in April we will be able to get into the apartment. Meanwhile, we are living with a very kind friend of ours. My dream is to make my Brazilian apartment American-ish, but my hubby doesn’t want me to put down carpet because he thinks it will “give him allergies”. I disagree because it seems like if you vaccum every week it should be even better than having to sweep or clean with a mop. I also want to hang many many pictures ( for some reason Brazilians aren’t so into this as Americans. ) I want a beautiful room with a huge mirror. In teh bedroom that will with the closet I want a vanity table. I am toying with the idea of making one of my rooms a walk in closet… any ideas anyone? Here it’s usually the custom to just have a closet put in… but what if I want a walk in closet? Just to remind you guys that my apartment is only a three bedroom apartment, so it isn’t that big! In the bedroom I already bought all the bed adornments, I think it will be quite rbeautiful.. but I´d love to put in just a headboard and lamps beside the bed so we can read at night and not have to get up and walk all the way across the room. I think maybe I should make a post just about my house, because aparently I have too many ideas, haha
6. Change Cars. Our car.. sucks. No, I mean really. It’s from 2001 and already has 240,000 km on it.. way too much. At the end of last year we spent over 3,000 reais to fix it because it kept breaking down.. if we had 5 000 reais more we could have switched cars and financed the rest of the payments.
7. Start some home projects. I love messing with handwork.. I really need to keep my hands busy and get some projects started!!
Since my goals don’t really have pictures since I haven’t completed them yet ( duh) I just thought I’d post a wedding pic or two for you to see!
Getting Ready. Cool Girl.
Hey Look! I’m a bride!